This workshop seeks original papers addressing research contributions that address energy efficiency and sustainability problems in future communication networks; and the challenges, ranging from theory to practice. Technical papers should describe original research that is unpublished and not under review by any other conference/journal.
The topics of interests include but are not limited to:
* Energy efficient data offloading techniques
* Heterogeneous networks for energy efficiency
* Energy efficient cloud radio access networks (RAN) solutions for 5G networks
* Energy efficient signal processing techniques
* Energy efficient massive MIMO
* Energy efficient resource allocation mechanisms
* Distributed self-organized energy efficient designs
* Delay-energy trade-off
* Application specific protocols for energy efficient communication designs
* D2D communication and energy efficiency
* Cross layer design for energy efficiency
* Cooperative systems for energy efficiency
* Utility maximization under different types of energy constraints
* Energy efficiency in mmWave communication
* Energy efficiency in backhaul design
* Resource efficiency metric in system design
* Wireless powered communication networks
* Energy harvesting communication
* Modeling renewable power sources
* Solar and thermal energy harvesting
* Energy harvesting base stations and relay systems
* Experimental evaluation of energy efficient communication solutions
* Standardization efforts and regulation
* Smart grid communication networks
Authors are invited to submit original papers of no more than 6 pages (standard IEEE proceedings, two-column, 10 pt font, etc.), including figures, tables, and references, in PDF format. Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE WCNC 2017 conference proceedings, which will be submitted to IEEEXplore database. Submission implies that at least one of the authors will register and present the paper at the conference. Electronic submission is accepted through the EDAS web site at https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=22925&track=82118.
FOR AUTHOR GUIDELINES - Click Here.
IEEE and IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY POLICIES
To ensure appropriate consideration of conflicts of interest during the review process, ComSoc prohibits changes to the list of authors once a paper has been submitted for review during review, revision, or (if accepted) final publication. The author list may be changed only prior to the submission deadline.
PLEASE NOTE: To be published in the IEEE WCNC 2017 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE WCNC 2017 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.